The impressive Tyndale house was originally built in 1902 and owned by William Alfred Hunt (1845-1929), a noted pioneer in the use of dental anaesthetics and the Mayor of Yeovil (1905-06).
The house was converted into a nursing home by Chris and Hilary Wharton in the mid-1980s, with further extension works taking place in the 1990s, and catered for residents needing specialist nursing care.
Tyndale nursing home closed in 2015 and was acquired by The Care Home Group in 2016. The remodeling and renovation of Tyndale will be phase two of our Yeovil Care Community development and is currently underway.
Yeovil Care Community is a 1.8 acre site in the heart of Yeovil, comprising Latimer Lodge 1, Tyndale 2 and Coverdale Court 3.